home about outfits runway editorial

Monday, May 24, 2010

Blogger I Admire: May

I know May is almost over but I like doing Blogger I Admire at the end of the month, switching it up a bit! haha! This month I chose the lovely Starr of A Thought Is The Blossom, I have been admiring this girl for months now, and she amazes me with every new outfit post, or posts for her new etsy store Action Is The Fruit. She's so inspiring with everything she does and if you haven't stopped by her blog yet, please do!



Name: Starr Crow
Age: 24
Current Location: Little Rock, AR
Hometown: Bryant, AR
Favorite Color: Pastels of any color
Favorite Food: Southern junk (mashed potatoes and gravy) and grilled chicken. All day, everyday!




When did you start becoming interested in fashion?
I played dress up a lot as a kid, and I changed my Barbie's outfits alllll the time! I don't think I knew then how big of a role fashion would have in my life, but it was definitely evident that I cared about it at a young age.

Why did you start your fashion blog?
I started my blog as a way to document my outfits and my life, and as a way to sell all the vintage I was finding at my local shops. It's taken awhile to get that second part going, but it's finally starting to come together!

I know you recently quit your job to have one more in the fashion industry, what's your next move and what would be your ideal job?
Well, your right, I did quit my insanely good fine dining job to pursue my online store, but I was lucky enough to be able to stay on in the private dining department. Basically that means I'm never scheduled. I can work if/when I want to, and I am not expected to have any kind of food or wine knowledge. It's been a nice way to make money when I'm desperate to pay the bills, and it's also allowed me a lot of free time to focus on the shop. As for my ideal job, I don't really know! I really enjoy styling clothes, messing with layout graphics, and just the blogging world in general, so whatever it is, I hope it involves at least one of those things.




What is your favorite place to shop?
Thrift stores, all the way! My parents were very frugal, and we were rarely given money to shop. I think that gave me the bargain hunter instinct from the very beginning.

Where do you get your inspiration for your outfits?
Everywhere. It's never really one thing in particular. Blogs, movies, words, nature, colors, songs.....you name it.

What are some of your favorite fashion blogs?
It's so hard to pick just a few!! Liebemarlene, Wish Wish Wish and Sally Jane will always be three of my favorites since they sort of brought me into this whole game, but I'm also really enjoying Dear Beatrice, Rosemud, Dinosaur Toes, Tick Tock Vintage, and Little Ocean Annie right now too.

What other hobbies or activities do you love outside of blogging?
I love spending time with my sister and my friends. Of course, taking pictures and thrifting. Long walks downtown. Watching NBC Thursday (Community, Parks & Rec, The Office, 30 Rock). Drinking at White Water (the grungy dive bar in town). Listening to vinyl.




What advice do you have for other bloggers just starting out?
Don't worry about the numbers!!!!!! Do what makes happy, and followers will come. Get involved in the community if you want people to notice you. Be innovative with your posts. Be kind. Set goals and always remember what they are. Never loose sight of yourself, and if the whole thing gets too overwhelming then back away for a few days. The blogging community isn't going anywhere!

For bloggers that are interested in having sponsors, how do you recommend they start?
You know, I still don't feel like I know too much about that! You should definitely make a sponsor sheet which I did through 'google sites'. Include all you numbers, features, and an overall summary of what your blog is. To figure out pricing I did a whole lot of googling, and I asked a few of my blogger friends. It takes a lot of crunching numbers, but it's great once you get it all set up! I think the thing I've enjoyed most about having sponsors is the emails back in forth with them. It really does connect you with some awesome shop owners!



Anything else exciting happening soon?
Bonnaroo and a meet up with Rachel from Mousevox. Woohoo, come on June!

You can find Starr:


Thank you again Starr<3
lovelove, M.

18 comments:

Habin Kim said...

wow lovely photos! i will definately check her blog out, i used alwayss dress and undress my barbies too haha. i havent been blogging for ages because i have exams, but from one of your posts ages ago. if the whole pen pal thing with swapping packages and stuff is still up, id love to (:
let me know x

Zoe Schlacter said...

Awesome photos! I love the idea of doing a "Blogger I Admire" column. I definitely need to do this sometime, and I will definitely look at her blog!
Thanks for sharing!

Your blog makes me smile.
girlwiththeflower.blogspot.com

Leire said...

She is so beautiful! :)

Arushi Khosla said...

Really cute outfits, she needs to be known more!

Times of Delight said...

Ive never seen her blog, but I am most defintely going to check it out now. Those outfits are very cute.

whimsical-wardrobe.blogspot.com

JessS said...

I've only visited her store and know it's great. Never realized her awesome blog too. Thanks! This is a lovely interview/ pictures.

Becky said...

Great post. She's so cute!

Rebecca said...

Oooh, she's beautiful! And Starr Crow is such a cool name :)

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Taylor Sterling said...

She is beautiful and has a great sense of style!

Rosie said...

Yeah I agree, Starr is awesome!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

She is one of my all time favourites too. She is a sweetie.

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

what a great interview!

starr is absolutely gorgeous, both inside and out.

Bea said...

Starr's blog is so creative and interesting to look at. She's definitely got the aesthetics down pat.

I love how much she appreciates her readers and tries to comment back too. Good feature!

B from A plus B

ashley moe said...

aww these little interviews are a good idea (:

Debbie said...

Wow, she's got amazing clothes! I love her style, I've been to her blog before too. Great interview!!

Catarina said...

Great post, I like her style.
x

Joanne said...

What a nice way to get to know some fashionable bloggers. I see she enjoys photography, outside of blogging. I find that looking through the lens gives a unique perspective to bring back to the blog posts.

kate maggie said...

Oh I love this so much! Thanks so much for featuring her. you always choose such great people. Starr truly is so inspiring and adorable. I love every single one of her looks. Hope your week is good Marissa! <3

Related Posts with Thumbnails