home about outfits runway editorial

Monday, June 7, 2010

Blue and white obsession

I have recently been obsessed with anything blue and white - basically channeling Zooey Deschanel, vintage and china tea patterns. Which brings me to what I wore today. Ever since I went for my first interview at Zara I have been eyeing a skirt with the best pattern and colors (blue and white of course) with bicycles all over! I've been drawn to odd prints with the influence of Rebecca from The Clothes Horse who always has the best clothing with the coolest prints! So I finally purchased the skirt and wore it as soon as I could!



I paired all this blue and white with brown accessories, I love the combination so much for some reason and it was the only color I pictured with this skirt. I also tried a different look instead of a tank top tucked in I opted for this baggy crop top shirt and belted it, I love how it came out.


This bag was one of my first vintage purchases like 4 years ago, I was real into the 60's hippie look and I saw this and couldn't pass it up, I still love it!


Top and skirt; Zara
Bag; Vintage
Wedges; Target

lovelove, M.

16 comments:

Avalonne Hall said...

Yay love this outfit so much. Navy, white and brown are such classic colors, you can't go wrong with them. I saw this skirt and it's super cute, I wish it was a longer skirt though. I think the skirt with blue, red and white is super adorable too. Ahh Zara is so amazing right now... wish I had tons of money to spare on Zara clothes!!! Love your shorts, you look so wonderful :)

marie said...

love that bag! and that skirt...the print is so adorable <3

soph // and other things said...

Loving the colours of this outfit! The print on the skirt is super cute :)

Amanda said...

LOVE that skirt! And going with brown accessories was a great idea! I especially adore that purse!

Laura said...

Ohh, what a lovely outfit! I love the print! I actually just bought a dress today that uses that same color blue, and it has some brown in it as well. I love that combo - reminds me of blueberry pie, or forget-me-nots in a garden, or something :)

Is that a tattoo? I never noticed it before! Is there a story behind it?

kate maggie said...

You look so perfect Marissa! Seriously. I love this outfit so so much..its probably my favorite outfit that Ive ever seen you in. You look lovely x 10. Those shoes are amazing and so is that skirt! Have a great week sunshine. x

Gorgeous Clara said...

I´m also a big fan of blue and white...

and the skirt is beautiful...

Chloe Marie said...

Love the whole look. I'm obsessed with china white patterns at the moment and desperately want something in that print. Lovely!

Carys said...

The print of that skirt is so lovely, I have loved the combination of blue and white since I saw Dita Von Teese in a blue and white china print dress. It always looks so chic and summery!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Mon Cheri said...

this outfit is AMAZING

love it, especially that bag

wow

http://moncheri2311.blogspot.com/

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Looks great! ;)
I love that little bridge you're on! It is so pretty!

Kat said...

oooh me too! it reminds me of japanese school uniforms, which are adorable :) i love the preppy/sailor style!

Petitebine said...

Absolutly GORGEOUS!
Great blog as well

xx Robine

Anonymous said...

such a gorgeous print! i haven't seen that skirt over here but i'll be sure to check next time i'm in zara :) love the look of the belted top too!

www.messyourhairup.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

I've watched 500 days of summer an insane amount recently - love Zooey!
The bag is so pretty (:

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

ashley said...

the bikes are so cute! I work at a vintage thrift shop and have been totally inspired by the delicate blue-white teacups. Plus, my grandmother is obsessed with blue/white (see: her whole house), so it reminds me of her. love the look.

xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails