home about outfits runway editorial

Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Good Old Days

Today I went to my cousin's graduation party and when I got home I found a goodie from my Pop-Pop! He left me a magazine called Reminisce the tag like is "The magazine that brings back the good times" and the cover had a vintage picture of a girl in a bikini. How could I not love it already? It's filled with old articles, old ads and old pictures along with recipies! It really is a great magazine. I have no idea where my Pop-Pop found it or why he had it but I'm so glad that I got my hands on it.


Here are a couple of my favorite pictures from articles you can read in the magazine:

How I Met My Spouse:
read the article here
The colors in these photographs are how I wish every picture could look now, it's so rich and classic, and so vintage. I'm in love with it.

Ads from the Old Days:





credit; Reminisce


Doesn't this magazine look great? If you can ever find or get your hands on this grab it, it's such a great find with perfect pictures to hang on your walls after you read the articles :)
lovelove, M.

6 comments:

Marie said...

Totally lovely! My grandparents have some photos with those gorgeous colors, I love looking at them,

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Purseapalooza giveaway

Anonymous said...

love love lovem' which I kinda lived in the 50s now...love all the fashion, the music, the etiquette!

got a blog on classic movie stars, but haven't updated recently...

have you seen?

Anonymous said...

so neat! ^.^

Nav said...

Oh wow Marissa! that magazine really does look lovely!

xox

http://tantrummagazine.blogspot.com

Mila said...

Yes those photos are pretty amazing!!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Man, people proposed very quickly in those days and they had longer lasting relationships than today too. It is really cool and odd in a way. I thought my parents were fast with getting married a year after meeting. I married nearly 4 years after being with my husband, granted I was 20 when I married so that was early for most people today.
They're photos are so fun to look at and I loved reading the articles because I adore reading about love stories.

looks like a fun article.

Related Posts with Thumbnails