home about outfits runway editorial

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Perfect Outfit for rainy summer days

I stole this outfit idea from Refinery 29, I got an email today with an outfit I had never thought of, and something that I could easily do on my own so I went for it! Thank you Refinery 29 for the idea!
Here's my twist on it, I went with a black button down stole from my dad's work clothing and this amazing maxi skirt I've had for about a year now that I can wear so many ways, the colors in this skirt are my favorite! So bright and fun, this is usually something I would never wear. It's probably the most daring obnoxious piece of clothing I own.




Top; My dad's
Skirt; Vintage
Flats; Target


lovelove, M.

16 comments:

Rosie said...

I love your spin on that outfit! I like that yours is more bright!

Anonymous said...

I love your take on this look SO MUCH BETTER! Although I love pastels and florals, their take is too granny-ish. But I love your black top and the bold skirt! Bravo!! :)

http://shoesfordessert.blogspot.com/

Allyson said...

You improved that look so much! Yours is so much more flattering, youthful, and less 'I'm homeless' :)

And I love that skirt! It's obnoxious in a HOTT way!

marie said...

your outfit came out wonderfully...these rainy days are really taking a toll on the fashion! for rain I usually just deck myself out in all black or mostly black with neutrals, perfect. <3

soph // and other things said...

Love your take on the look! You've style that skirt perfectly.

Sherin said...

That is a great rainy day outfit. The skirt is amazing.

Carys said...

Beautiful outfit, that skirt is amazing!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Anonymous said...

so cute! wanna get a long skirt like that as well! the summer trend right now! an so comfy! lovely looking!

Unknown said...

very cute outfit! love the skirt so much, it could really cheer someone up on a dreary day, haha.

Kat said...

aww, i like your outfit :) i really like long skirts and prints right now. i like how your outfit is effortlessly cool!

http://fashionpeach17.blogspot.com

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

Excellent take on a great idea! I'm glad that maxi skirts are becoming more popular these days. They're so comfy!

claradevi said...

My dad's shirt won't ever looking that good on me, but see how you rock everything!
Plus you looked so happy.
I love this post :))

Rebecca said...

You manage to pull the skirt off so well!
I can't really handle massive prints

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Times of Delight said...

love your outfit :)

whimsical-wardrobe.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

LOVE that print on that skirt!! <3


http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

Avalonne Hall said...

This is like my favorite look! An oversized loose shirt and a vintage long skirt! You look wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails